Thursday, November 18, 2010

Coming attractions

No blogging for a few days because this evening I fly to the Middle East for a week. What to read on the plane? I have briefing papers for the meetings I have to attend, but what else? Tim Wilson’s new novel Their Faces Were Shining, Elizabeth Smither’s newish novel Lola, Les Murray’s latest but one collection The Biplane Houses and an Aussie crime novel, Peter Temple’s Truth. Sorted!

I will be flying on an Airbus A380, the aircraft that has been in the news a bit recently. On the other hand I will be up the sharp end of the plane, which is always nice.

Coming attractions when I return:
Bill Manhire and Dr Feelgood – the missing link.
Rob O’Neill on Rosie Scott.
Mark Amery on Maurice Gee and on Witi Ihimaera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brokering a peace agreement? Putting down a new well?
Have a nice time Steve!
GV