Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Eighteen with a bullet

It’s hard to know how the New Zealand blogs rank these days. I don’t have a competitive bone in my body (well, maybe my stapes) but I was pleased when Tumeke published his rankings for December and this blog had cracked the top 50 – if you call coming 50th cracking it.

But Tumeke seems to have stopped – there have been no updates since. Into the breach steps Open Parachute: his ranking is not scientific either as lots of blogs aren’t there – no Cactus Kate and no Public Address, for a start – but as far as I know this is the only current measure. And Quote Unquote is – ta dah! – #16. That won’t last. This recent spike is entirely due to traffic from the Sunday Star-Guardian story the other day – god bless the MSM – but I’ll enjoy it while it does.

So here is Pete Wingfield with his 1975 hit “Eighteen with a Bullet”. Eighteen is not sixteen but, as we musicians say, it’s close enough for jazz:

2 comments:

homepaddock said...

Scrubone at Something Should Go Here takes a complicated approach to monthly rankings but always has some widely differing results from other rankings.

That may provide some comfort for the place he puts you in for March:

http://halfdone.wordpress.com/2010/04/10/march-halfdone-nz-blog-stats/

Stephen Stratford said...

Thanks, HP. That's quite funny - I wonder how he calculates it. One of these days I really should find out what an Alexa ranking is.